06/11 – present: Chief Eater at The Hungry Australian
Publisher of an award-winning food blog that features original recipes and write ups of exceptional food and travel experiences.
04/98 – present: Consultant
See who Christina works with.
04/12 – 11/12: Australian & New Zealand Food Guide at About.com
About.com’s expert on Australian and New Zealand food, producing up to eight recipes, reviews & articles each month.
01/94 – present: Freelance Writer
Christina has contributed 100+ pieces on food, restaurants, bars, cafes, lifestyle, entertainment, and music for publications and sites such as the China Daily, That’s Shanghai, SH Weekly (8 Days), Rip It Up, dB, Arts Hub, Rad, Honest Cooking, Sumptuous, and On Dit.
11/04 – 11/06: Executive Director of AustCham Shanghai
The Australian Chamber of Commerce in Shanghai helps Australians conduct business with China. Christina was a member of the Board of Directors with full voting rights and managed seven staff in the Secretariat. Under her leadership growth in corporate membership tripled, and the number of events grew to 100 per year (an increase of 58%).
11/03 – 1/04: Asialink Resident at Fringe Club (Hong Kong)
The Fringe Club is Hong Kong’s centre for contemporary art. Christina was awarded a residency by Asialink to work in marketing, fundraising, and programming.
11/01 – 10/03: Marketing and Development Manager of Chunky Move (Melbourne)
Chunky Move is Australia’s boldest contemporary dance company. Christina was responsible for marketing, fundraising and events. She achieved a record level of sponsorship and three sold-out seasons. She also initiated and managed redesigns of the website, corporate identity and contacts database.
07/96 – 10/03: Co-Manager of Brunatex (Adelaide)
Brunatex were nominated for ‘Best Unsigned Band’ by the Music Industry Critics Association in the late 90s. Christina managed two CD releases, two successful grant applications, local gigs and interstate tours.
12/00 – 09/01: Corporate Development Manager of the South Bank Centre – Royal Festival Hall (London)
The South Bank Centre is Europe’s largest arts centre. Christina managed sponsor relationships for events like the 50th Birthday Gala and Total Meltdown.
03/00 – 11/00: Sub Editor at Zone digital content agency (London)
Zone is a publisher and digital content agency. Christina sub-edited HomeChoice digital TV magazine and other client magazines.
06/99 – 03/00: Marketing Officer of Axis (Leeds, UK)
Axis is the national contemporary visual arts information service. Christina was a member of the senior management team responsible for marketing, events and sponsorship.
05/97 – 11/98: Publicity and Marketing Officer at Carclew Youth Arts Centre (Adelaide)
Carclew is a local government statutory authority. Christina was responsible for all marketing, publicity and sponsorship.
06/98 – 09/98: Assistant Development Officer (Placement) at Arts SA (Adelaide)
Arts SA is the South Australian government’s department for arts and culture. As part of her university placement Christina created seminars and material for a new funding program.
01/96 – 12/96: Co-Editor of On Dit Newspaper (Adelaide)
On Dit is the University of Adelaide’s weekly student newspaper. With her co-editors, Christina produced 23 80-pg A3 editions. They exceeded the advertising revenue target and managed 12 sub editors.
03/94 – 07/96: Publicist & Management Team Member of Before You Were Blonde (Adelaide)
Before You Were Blonde were a contemporary singing group. Christina was responsible for publicity, marketing and public relations.
01/95 - 12/95: Music Editor of On Dit Newspaper (Adelaide)
On Dit is the University of Adelaide’s weekly student newspaper. As music editor, Christina co-ordinated and scheduled copy and wrote editorial.
07/95 – 07/95: Publicity & Marketing Assistant of the Adelaide Fringe Festival (Adelaide)
Christina worked in publicity and marketing at the Fringe during her university holidays.
- 1997 – 1998: Graduate Diploma in Management at the International School of Management, University of South Australia.
- 1996 – 1997: Graduate Diploma in Anthropology at the University of Adelaide.
- 1993 – 1995: Bachelor of Arts (Chinese) at the University of Adelaide
- 1988 – 1992: Matriculation at Westminster School (SA)
- 2014: freelance writing short course at the Australian Writers Centre
- 2013: Two-day food styling intensive workshop at the Sydney Cooking School with American food stylist, Denise Vivaldo and delegate at the 4th Australian Food Bloggers Conference in Perth
- 2012: Delegate at the ProBlogger Conference in Melbourne and delegate (and co chair) at the 3rd Australian Food Bloggers Conference in Adelaide
- 2011: Delegate at the 2nd Australian Food Bloggers Conference
- 2009-12: Webinars on social networking, marketing, business, and HR strategies by Smart Company and the Australian Businesswomen’s Network.
- 2009: Creative Writing course at RMIT (Melbourne).
- 2008: The Whole Shebang seminar at the Melbourne Writers Festival
- 2006: Six Thinking Hats and FISH! Training run by St Regis HR Department (PR China)
- 2005-6: Attended over 30 panel discussions, keynote dinners and seminars on HR, legal, regulatory issues, marketing and business run by the AustCham Shanghai, the Australian Chamber of Commerce in Shanghai
- 2001: Development Forum at Arts & Business (UK)
- 2000: Black and White Photography Course at Chelsea College of Art (UK)
- 1999: Healthy, Wealthy & Wise arts marketing conference (UK) and Moving the Arts marketing seminar by Intercomm PR (UK)
- 1998: Music Business Adelaide conference by Arts SA, Australian Performing Arts Market by the Australia Council and Marketing the Millennium conference by the Australian Institute of Arts Managers.
- 1997: Music Business Adelaide conference by Arts SA, Marketing Strategies seminar by the Australia Council, Freelance Journalism workshop by the SA Writers Centre, and Music Industry seminars by the SA Music Industry Association.
- 2014: National Winner and Best Food Blog at the Best Australian Blogs 2014 competition organised by the Australian Writers' Centre.
- 2013: winner of the Outstanding Use of Photography award and one of five Finalists in Lifestyle Blog category of the Best Australian Blogs 2013 competition organised by the Australian Writers' Centre
- 2014: guest speaker on blogging at Wordpress Adelaide meet-up; guest speaker for 'Eating Their Words' Dinner/Debate at the Adelaide Food & Wine Festival.
- 2013: invited to join the Servved network of some of Australia's most influential food bloggers; presented a photography workshop at the 3rd Adelaide Beauty Bloggers Conference
- 2012: founder of the Adelaide Food Bloggers Group
- 2012: invited co-chair of the 3rd Australian Food Bloggers Conference (Eat Drink Blog 3); MC of the official launch of the Chinese Business Network of South Australia.
- 2011 – 2012: committee member of the Chinese Business Network of South Australia
- 2005: chair of AustCham Shanghai’s Great Australian Ball X committee; organiser & trip leader of AustCham Shanghai’s delegation to Aichi World Expo, Japan; chair of the Emerging Opportunities for Australian Businesses in China Austrade dinner.
- 2003: invited participant of the Guandong Dance Forum (PR CHINA); guest speaker on marketing at the Asialink Arts Manager Tour; guest lecturer on websites at the RMIT University Digital Media School.
- 2002: Career woman of the month for the Sportsgirl website; performer – narrator of Chunky Move’s world premiere of Wanted: ballet for a contemporary democracy
- 1999 – 2000: Founding member of Leeds Visual Arts Forum (UK)
- 1999: Art director of Dreaming Reality short film, BBC Film Club (UK); guest speaker on marketing at Helpmann Academy Graduate School
- 1998: Production assistant of Romance Is A Cliché short film, Media Centre
- 1996: Judge of Unibooks Short Story Competition, Guest speaker at Youth Media Conference, Committee member of Youth Theatre Network, State Theatre
- 1994-6: Performer of Before You Were Blonde anti-choir
- 2013-2014: Food SA, SA Writers' Centre.
- 2012-2014: Adelaide Food Bloggers Group
- 2012: Arts Hub
- 2011-12: Australian Food Bloggers Group on Google and China Business Network of South Australia
- 2011: Australian Businesswomen’s Network and Women’s Network Australia
- 2010-11: Arts Hub
- 2009-10: Fellowship of Australian Writers and Victorian Writers Centre
- 2004-5: Shanghai Expatriate Association, Expatriate Professional Women’s Society, Australian Women’s Social Group and Shanghai Boat & Yacht Club.